The Tempa Rossa power plant is one of the most advanced in the oil industry. Located in southern Italy, it is operated by TotalEnergies. The aim is to produce 50,000 barrels of oil and 230,000 m3 of natural gas per day. Bureau Vertias, Vibratec’s contact, assisted TotalEnergies in the operation of the oil field.
Prior to the Vibratec diagnosis, the production rate was around 30,000 barrels per day, and there were cracked SBCs on the discharge line of the second stage of the sales gas compressor. Each SBC crack required the compressor to be shut down for repair, followed by a restart and a flare visible in the Sauro valley, which posed problems of acceptability to the neighborhood.
The contact included several questions:
- How soon can Vibratec experts visit the site?
- How quickly can they propose solutions?
- Why do the SBCs fail? How can these failures be prevented?
- Do the SBCs need to be removed or relocated? Are the brackets properly designed? Is it necessary to change their position?
- What production rate can be achieved with Vibratec’s solutions?